5.27.2012

3 month Update - 4.22-5.22

WOW has this month gone by quickly. I feel like it was just yesterday I was writing the update for your second month. Boy, I want you to stay my little man forever!!

You are 11.5 weeks right now and this is such an amazing age. I wish you would stay this age a little bit longer. You smile alllllll the time, and you coo and talk to us. You have the sweetest little voice and are learning all kinds of new sounds. It's not just coos anymore, but "ooohs", "aaahs", high pitched squeals of delight and attempted little giggles. I love listening to your little voice and it makes me smile and laugh right along with you. You brighten everyone's day with your happy disposition. All our friends are simply amazed at how calm and sweet you are. Whenever we take you somewhere, you are completely content to sit on our lap or lay in our arms and just watch everyone else. I think you get that from your dad! But you always love being adored by others as well.

You did have your first real "over-stimulating" situation on May 6, Grandma Cheryl's family got together and several of my aunts, uncles and cousins hadn't met you yet so you were passed from person to person all day long. I think you had enough. I eventually stole you away and took you for a walk in the baby carrier - you definitely still need a healthy dose of mama time. I tell you, nothing makes me feel more amazing that knowing my baby NEEDS me to feel at his best. You give me such a sense of pride and accomplishment.

You kind of have created your own little schedule, and it's changed from last month. You're starting to get tired earlier, so you go to bed between 7-7:30pm and now you're waking up earlier, usually around 7am. I wasn't prepared for such an instant change! One day you were waking up at 9, the next at 7. It will take a little adjusting ;) But you are still a good sleeper and only wake 2-3x a night to eat. You are getting better about your day naps too, you always have one long nap - and today it was 3 hours long!

At 11.5 weeks you have outgrown basically all of your newborn clothes, finally! Mostly in length though, not in weight. You fit into all of your 0-3 month clothes and a few 3-6 month onesies that are on the small side. I mostly love dressing you in khaki cargo pants and little polos or collared dress shirts (SO CUTE!), or jeans and little zippered sweatshirts. You are such a stud!

We had your first pediatric appointment on May 9. I was SO happy to have found such a great doctor, she was recommended by our midwife, Catherine Mascari at Morningstar. She totally agrees with all our parenting choices; she encourages us cosleeping, breastfeeding, she's okay with us not vaccinating, she herself had a birth center birth and two homebirths - she is a very natural doctor who says that we are all a team with a common goal; a healthy, happy baby. I am SO happy that you are in good hands, and to have someone who won't give me guilt for any parenting decisions I feel are right for us. At your appointment, you were just 11 weeks and you weighed 11 lbs 12.8 ounces and were 22 1/2 inches long. So you have gained over 4 lbs and 3 inches since birth! You are still a little peanut though. I was comparing pictures of cousin Diego when he was your age and he was already a little chub-a-lub. Even though you have a couple healthy rolls as almost all babies do, you are still a skinny little thing. I think you will be built like I was as a kid; tall and skinny until adulthood (I wish I had stayed that way!!)! I referenced your height on the WHO charts and it seems you're in the 10-15th percentile for height/weight. Nothing wrong with that though :)


the picture we sent to both your Grandma's on Mothers Day

This month you have gained so much more control of your arms and hands. You now bring your left hand to your mouth ALL the time! You are constantly sucking and gnawing on your knuckles and fingers, it's so funny!

This last week - right at 12 weeks, you started drooling a little too… I wonder if you're about to start teething this coming month!

Now this is definitely my favorite age you've ever been and I am loving every second! You're so observant, aware, calm but so so happy. And your sleep is great right now! You take two great naps during the day and sleep for 12-14 hours at night, waking about 3 times to eat. You are a wonderful little man!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment